retold and illustrated by Paul Galdone
1984Ages: 5-9
Genre(s):Fantasy
Summary: A poor shoemaker and his wife are struggling to survive. The shoemaker cuts up the last of his leather preparing to make one more pair of shoes the next day and goes to bed. When he wakes up in the morning, a beautiful pair of finely made shoes is on the workbench. The shoemaker is able to sell these shoes and get leather for more. He cuts the leather and goes to bed. The next morning, he finds 2 pair of shoes on the workbench. This story has a very happy ending for all involved.
My reaction: This is a story I remember very well from my childhood. I am not sure I shared it with my children but I know I will be sharing it with my grandchildren and my students. This is a wonderful story about how kind deeds help others.
My reaction: This is a story I remember very well from my childhood. I am not sure I shared it with my children but I know I will be sharing it with my grandchildren and my students. This is a wonderful story about how kind deeds help others.

No comments:
Post a Comment